Panic Disorder With or Without Agrophobia
Do you feel sudden emotional turbulence due to stressful events leading to high anxiety attacks? Is feeling of something bad going to happen puts you in sudden fearful state? Do you often feel like your heart will burst out any moment due to fast beatings you feel? Do you often find yourself locked in your house and do not want to leave? You find difficult to be comfortable in new environments and you may feel a rush to escape?
Do you become devoid of your surrounding during those anxiety moments? Do you feel like someone is choking you and you lose your breath? Do you ponder what could be the cause of my suffering? Could I be suffering from any chronic psychological disorder? How can I help myself and be able to interact with world without getting frightened? Do you feel an urge of sudden need to be taken care of in caring hands? Do you want to know what type of disorder this is and what can it be associated with?
Call Us For Free Consultation
The classical sign and symptoms include:
- Fear of danger
- Urge to escape
- Feeling of stress with sudden sweating
- Trembling due to fear
- Fear of fall or losing balance
- Breathlessness due to sudden feeling of choking
- Fear of losing control
- Fear of social places or crowds
- Avoiding social contacts
- Staying in confined places for a long time
- Fear of loneliness
- Not being able to associate with the reality
What is the difference between Panic disorders with and without Agoraphobia?
These are the chronic events of panic attacks which occur due to severely high anxiety levels either physical or emotional traumas. The attacks may remain up to 60 minutes but the emotional peak is in initial 1-20 mins. It is the reaction of body due to threatening experiences in life. When considering gender predominance women are more prone to developing it than men and it is highly occurring in age of young adulthood in the age of 25. A person without behaviour of social isolation can still suffer from panic disorders
Phobias are associated with a world of chronic fears which can be innate or may occur through any experience of later series of events in life. Likewise agoraphobia which is a fear of being trapped in unfamiliar, displeasing, threatening and restless environment which urges to escape from it and find a safe corner is found to be present in patients with panic disorders. It can be any public place or a specific area which may trigger the emotional peak of anxiety associated with bad memory of a traumatizing event.
What could be the possible cause of panic disorder with and without agoraphobia?
- Genetic history
- Family history
- Living a stressful life
5. Physical or emotional abuse
6. Drug abuse
7. A bad memory of indirect connection to threatening events
8. Unstable family relationship
9. Lack of attention in childhood
10. Being jobless
11. Unable to reach your goals
12. Feeling of failure or disappointment
13. Death of dear ones
What are the diagnostic criteria for Panic disorder with or without agoraphobia?
- Lab tests for any addiction or substance abuse
- Systemic disturbance like endocrine dysfunctions or cardiac myopathies
- Checking past or family history of other psychological disorders
According to DSM-5 criteria for diagnosing panic disorders and agoraphobia include:
- Frequent periods of anxiety attacks in unwarned manner
- Constant fear of another panic attack for at least one month period
- Unable to stay at public places where it may be difficult for escaping
- Don’t want to stay at public place due to social embarrassment
- Confiding or locking yourself in your home constantly
What are the possible treatment options for panic disorders with or without agoraphobia?
- ognitive behavioral therapy (CBTs)
- Exposure therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Ant anxiety drugs
- Muscle relaxants
Getting hurt is unfaithful fate but reaching out is a choice, choose your pills wisely. Create opportunities for yourself to heal and be gentle with yourself. Always get professional help as not only we need to take care of our physical health but mental health should be top priority as well. As to be able to live and experience the beauty of life with sound mind is the right of every existing soul.